Practical support including food, accommodation advice, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes and opportunities to socialise and meet other asylum seekers.
Home 7 Overbury Street, Liverpool L7 3HJ home
Asylum Link offers a drop in service with tea, coffee and some food. They have services for asylum seekers, destitute asylum seekers and refugees. For example:
- Furniture bank enabling refugees to cheaply furnish a new home, furniture is free but there is £10 delivery charge.
- Advice regarding asylum claims (certified to OISC Level 3)
- Case work for example, help chasing up missing NASS payments, help solving housing problems etc.
- Access to an allotment to grow fruit and vegetables.
- A bike shed giving the opportunity to purchase a recycled, good quality bike for a low price.
- A once weekly jumble sale where asylum seekers can purchase cheap clothing and bedding.
- Computer classes and internet access.
- A Conversation Club which is run through STAR Liverpool.
- ESOL classes to a variety of abilities – please call the number above for more information.
- Asylum Link also offers healthy cooking demonstrations and advice through Faiths4Change.
- Help organising opportunities for voluntary work.
- Asylum Link also acts as a social hub where asylum seekers can meet each other, chat and play table tennis etc.
Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9am-4pm.