Practical support including food, accommodation advice, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes and opportunities to socialise and meet other asylum seekers.
Home Bradbury House, Tower Street, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool L3 4BJ home
The British Red Cross helps vulnerable asylum seekers and refugees access essential services and adjust to life in a new country.
- An Orientation Service which helps provide short term support for newly arrived asylum seekers and move on support for people given refugee status.
- A Drop in Centre atToxtethTown Hall(15 High Park Street) every Wednesdays 12-4pm.
International Tracing and Message Services
- Tracing family members, when families are separated by war, disaster or migration we can help trace missing relatives.
- Delivering family news, when normal means of communication have broken down due to war or disaster, Red Cross messages can still get through to anxious relatives.
- Certificate of detention, if you were visited by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) while imprisoned, we may be able to provide confirmation of your detention.
- The Family Reunion Travel Assistance (FRTA) Scheme primarily aims to provide assistance to individuals with the travel costs for the reunion of refugee families.
- The British Red Cross is unable to assist clients in applying for Family Reunion visas.
- At no point can help to clients be guaranteed and client expectations should be managed accordingly at all stages of the process.